Situated northwestern part of the Volhynia Voivodeship, 15 km on west from Kowel.
In 14th Maciejów became part of the Polish Kingdom.
The catholic church Saint Ann and Saint Stanislas the Bishop was builded ~1550 with. The church was founded by Stanislas Maciejowski from Chodel, castellan of Sandomierz.
Maciejów was destroyed by Swedish army . Atanazy Miączyński, Voievoda (Major) of Volhynia and his wife renovated the church.
In 1793, after the Second Partition of Poland was annexed by Imperial Russia.
At the conclusion of the polish-bolshevik war (1919-1921), in accordance with the Riga Peace Treaty  Maciejów returned to Poland.
From 1919 to 1939 the town returned to 'Rzeczpospolita' [Second Polish Republic] and was situated in Volhynia province.
In September 1939, as a result of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact and the partition of Poland, Maciejów was captured by the Soviet invaders.
Poles were deported from town by soviet NKVD.
On June, 1941 Maciejów was captured by the German soldiers.
After the Soviet occupation (1939-41, 1944-91), since 1991 this is a small town in western Ukraine, near present Polish border.
Print this page