Sarny, The Roman Catholic Church
Sarny, The Roman Catholic Church



English version - site under construction

Volhynia (Volhynia) Province [Voivodeship]
 II Rzeczpospolita
 SARNY
Polish: Sarny,
ukrainian САРНИ


Wołyńskie,
powiat Kostopol, Równe, Sarny
 mapa 1:75 000 
PN -  ZACH
Czartorysk, Majdan Huta, Rafałówka, Stepań, Wieszka, Władimirec

PN -  WSCH
Bereżne, Bereźnica, Czudło, Jarynówka, Sarny

PD -  ZACH
Aleksandria, Derażno, Gruszwica, Klewań, Równe

PD - WSCH
Druchów, Hoszcza, Korościatyń, Kostopol, Tajkury, Tuczyn

Situated on the Słucza [Sl'utsha] River in the northern part of the Volhynia Voivodeship. on land named Polesie of Volhynia.

The wooden Orthodox church (1725) founded by Antoni Pruszyński. In Sarny was wooden Roman Catholic Church (1827).

From 1919 to 1939 the town returned to 'Rzeczpospolita' [Second Polish Republic] - in Równe district in Volhynia province. Population 6,000 inhabitants, mainly Jews.

In 20th century Sarny was the railroad cross (railroads from Równe to Łuniniec and form Kowel to Ostki.

In September 1939, as a result of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact and the partition of Poland, Ostróg was captured by the Soviet invaders.

After the Soviet occupation (1939-41, 1944-91), since 1991 this is a small town in the Równe province of northern Ukraine.
Sarny, the orthodox church


Print this page