Ruiny of Roman Catholic Church Carmelitan  founded by  Hieronima Korybuta and of king Michael Korybuta Wi¶niowieckich (ok.1870)
The ruins of the Roman Catholic Church [Carmelitan], founded by Hieronim Korybut Wi¶niowiecki and the King of Pland Michael Korybut Wi¶niowiecki
Painted (~1870) by Napoleon Orda
National Museum in Cracov
the palace Wi¶niowieckich
The palace of Wi¶niowiecki
Painted by Napoleon Orda
National Museum in Cracov
Wi¶niowiec, the palace Wi¶niowieckich - View współczesny
Wi¶niowiec, the palace of Wi¶niowiecki family
fot. Buzar
Wi¶niowiec, the palace Wi¶niowieckich - View współczesny
Wi¶niowiec, the palace of Wi¶niowiecki
fot. Marcin Wolter
Wi¶niowiec, The orthodox church  zamkowa
Wi¶niowiec, Orthodox church on the castle
fot. Marcin Wolter

Volhynia (Volhynia) Province [Voivodeship]
 II Rzeczpospolita
 VISNIOVIETS
polish Wi¶niowiec,
ukrainian Вишнівець


Tarnopolskie - Brody, Radziechów, Tarnopol, Zbaraż, Zborów, Złoczów, Wołyńskie - Dubno, Horochów, Krzemieniec
 mapa 1:75 000 
PN -  ZACH
Beresteczko, Boremel, Brody, Łopatyń, Radziwiłłów

PN -  WSCH
Dubno, Krzemieniec, Poczajów

PD -  ZACH
Olesko, Podhorce, Podkamień, Pomorzany, Zborów, Złoczów

PD - WSCH
Horodyszcze, Tarnopol, ZałoĽce, Zbaraż

Situated on the Horyn river in the southeastern part of the Volhynia Voivodeship. First mentioned in 1395.

The city was granted Magdeburg Rights in 1564. In 1432 (another date is 1434) Bratslav became part of the Polish Kingdom but it was returned to Lithuania in 40’s of the XVth century. In 1806 Ostróg was joined with the Duchy of Warsaw. Bratslav belonged to the Grand Duchy of Lithuania until the Lublin Union of 1569, when it became a voivodeship center in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The first written mention of Bratslav dates back to 1362. After the Second Partition of Poland in 1793, along with the rest of the Right-bank Ukraine, was annexed by Imperial Russia. In 1594 Severin Nalivayko’s rebels attacked the camp of the Polish gentry near the Bratslav castle.

Wi¶niowiec belonged to the Grand Duchy of Lithuania since 14th century until the Lublin Union of 1569, when it became a town in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - center of Wisniowiecki [Vyshnovetsky} family.

There was the battle (1512) between Polish and Lithuanian forces (commander hetman M. Kamieniecki and Konstanty Ostrogski) and Tatars.

Jeremi "Jarema" Michał Wi¶niowiecki (1612-51), Voievoda (Major) of Lvov had fortified castle (~1640) Duke "Jarema" had founded też Roman Catholic Church and Monastery (1645).

Wi¶niowiec was annexxed (1795) by Russian in the 2nd partition of Poland.

After the Soviet occupation (1939-41, 1944-91), since 1991 this is a small town in the Zbaraz district of the Tarnopol province of western Ukraine.

More informations: [Polish]
Travel Office "Top"
Strona K.Dajczaka


Print this page